Giving up Something Good for Something Better.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Today's the Day

"I'm on my way from misery to happiness today;
I'll do my best, I'll do my best to do the best I can!"
Today's Consumption: 


I had a banana for breakfast/lunch (lol) and then for dinner I had grilled salmon, salad and brown rice. Again, ate half the portion. I'm not sure how many calories it was to begin with, but I guess what matters is that it wasn't over 500 and then I ate half of it. So I definitely stayed under 500.

A good day! :) I had to talk myself out of purging dinner. As much as I wanted to, I know I need a standard meal here and there to keep my body going at a normal rate. If I suddenly crash my intake I'm just going to end up binging and packing the pounds back on. Not to mention I don't want to make purging an every-day thing.

Today I feel like I can see some progress! My arms and hands keep tapping my ribs and hips and they really feel different. I know it can't be a huge change from yesterday to today, but you know how it is, when you feel like you really notice it. 

And I slipped on a pair of jeans that I wore just five days ago and they're a bit less form-fitting. Yay! I know it's small, but progress should be small. As much as I want to wake up in a different body I'm starting to accept and celebrate the little victories and changes. It makes the day so much brighter.



"All beings are the owners of their karma. 
Their hapiness and unhappiness depend on their actions."
 


Motivations & Goals:

  I've decided I want to format my blog like this from now on - starting with a break-down of the day (boring stuff) and then some goals and/or new ways to motivate myself. I usually come up with atleast one thing every day to use as motivation. And posting it here makes it all the more powerful for me.

1. Red Heart Band aid:
 I had a little band aid on my ring finger today. I drew a little red heart on it and decided that it would help me eat less - because every time I reached for food that RED heart would be there. 
I want to come up with something like this every day. Always red or pink!
 But each one slightly different. I think having little trinkets around to inspire me helps. Changing up my little motivational tools helps too!

2. Videos
I really love how motivational/inspiring music videos can be. Lady GaGa's Alejandro video is big-time inspiring, she's so thin and grungy, yummm I want to be like that! Going to make a list of music videos that really inspire me and hopefully download/buy a few.








I think I'll finish this post later, I'm really in the mood to work out now!!

Hang in there ladies, stay strong and lovely! <3

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Salmon is so good for you. I am probably making salmon for dinner tomorrow night, myself.

    I have been dealing with the same thing; I don't want to eat so little that it leads to a huge binge or a major drop in my metabolism. I think it's important to find the balance between just enough and a regular portion. And what works for one person's body certainly won't work for another's.

    Best of luck staying strong!
    It's great that you are learning to appreciate the "little victories." I am trying to become more appreciative of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skinny-grungy look is one I'm in love with. When you can look great is a t-shirt and cut-offs, it means everything else about you is stunning. Glad you're having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, skinny grunge is the best. If I could wear tights and long shirts and booties everyday, I'd be in heaven.
    You did so well! And good for not purging, you need some energy to go off of, you know? Also, isn't that loose jeans feeling just the absolute best? Yum
    Sending you skinnies darling!

    ReplyDelete

Tunes

Caution:

These are my opinions. You do not have to share them. If you disagree with me, please leave. If you are receiving treatment and do not wish to relapse, close this page. Neither you nor I can force the other to start or stop extreme dieting. You are here by choice. Extreme dieting is not good for you and I do not "suggest" or "endorse" it. However I will support you if you already feel the same as I do.